Tuesday, June 16, 2009

In Loving Memory of Teacher Catherine Yong

We are reminded how fragile our lives are everytime someone we know passes away. How sudden deaths make us stop in our tracks and reexamine our lives. We realize once again how short life is...that it takes not only the old but the young as well. That at this young age, we aren't invincible after all.

I don't have much memories of Teacher Cath, since I was only in SFX for a year and a half. So unlike my other ex-schoolmates, I didn't have the privilege of being taught by her, except the privilege of knowing her. It's sad that only now, being much older do I actually start to appreciate my teachers back in school. Only now do I realize that their sarcasm didn't really matter much because they were the ones that normally got me all fired up to prove them wrong. Darn reverse psychology! *smiles*

Hearing about her passing just reopened all those worries and fears. It reminded me to live. To appreciate the people around me and to let those I love know how much they mean to me and how much I love them. I never want the regret of never having told someone how much they've meant to me. I don't want knowing that I let pride stand in my way and never get back something again because it was too late. I just want to live and feel alive.

I hope her soul is at peace and that her husband and family find solace from the love and support of relatives and friends.

0 Whispers: