Thursday, June 25, 2009

Love and Light...RIP

I got the news of MJ's death on the radio in the car this morning. By the time I reached the office my Facebook and Twitter pages were already flooded with condolences from friends and by noon memorial signing for him was already set up on FB. His death pretty much over shadowed the news of Farrah Fawcett's passing, who is more likely to be remembered in the 1970's Charlie's Angels.

Being brought up with MJ's songs (and country songs and oldies) and my parents reminiscing about the TV series Charlie's Angels, I wish I could say that I mourned with the other millions the lost of two talents; but the only thing that ran through my mind was 'go out and LIVE your life'. The same thing that ran through my mind when I got to know about Catherine's passing.

There's so many things in the past, which I wish I did or at least had the guts to do. Most of the time, my gutsy feeling kicks in just a little too late. So yeah, here I am on a Friday determined to make a new resolution (even if it is a little too late into the year). From now on, it's about making the best of things and not over thinking stuff. And maybe...just maybe...I'll learn to swallow a bit more of my pride and not let it stand in the way of something I've sworn I've learned my lesson from close ones; where too late is all about regrets and bittersweet memories locked in a drawer, brought out once in a while drawing nothing but tears and pain.

0 Whispers: