Friday, May 30, 2008

KOTOBIAN TADAU KAAMATAN

HAPPY HARVEST FEST!!!

Being the biggest celebration here in Sabah, I have to say that this year doesn't seem as festive as every year. But still at least this is the first year after so long for me to go back to Hongkod during harvest again. It really wasn't something planned, but since cousin Megan was performing the Papar district traditional dance I thought I'd go see her, since it's gonna be the last time for me to anyway. I'm glad I did too since she was excellent (we her older generations - Edz, Tracy and me have are so bad at it!) and I got to see my former school perform as well and I have to say that they are still as good as they used to be.

So today being the official 2 day celebration, mom decided to see what they had on display at the stalls at the traditional houses. Darn it was so hot, plus I had to hold on to a 5 year old who kept pulling me around to see the things she wanted. Thank goodness we didn't stay long or I would have gone mad. After that, the day became a typical KK break day where we went shopping and carry out some errands. Oh yeah and shopping for Belle was on the list this time too. Nightmare!!! I had to look at too many pink stuff today that my vision started seeing pink everywhere.

So next on the list for Kaamatan would be the Sinundai family gathering at the official Malim's residence. My mistake earlier when I thought it was going to be a Bandasa event. Thank goodness it isn't because a Bandasa event would be simply to huge for me to actually last hanging out the whole day. As for tomorrow, I just want to stay home with a good book and maybe catch a movie in the evening with the kids.

0 Whispers: