Tuesday, August 19, 2008

iowa state university, ames

I've kept putting off blogging about ISU that I just realized I've already been here a week! So far, we've bought all the necessary things to make our rooms more like home, explored TWO Wal Marts, bought our bicycles and explored campus. Orientation week isn't too bad too considering we have a lot of free time on our hands. And YES I'm still loving every single moment here.

Cycling. I've been doing it for 3 days now, and honestly in those 3 days I've cycled more than I have in 10 years! In fact I can't even remember when was the last time I cycled back home. Plus I don't remember cycling to be this tiring or maybe it's just old age. Yesterday, Tim took us for a really big round to get to Gerdin Hall that I have to say Carien and I were basically half dead by then. I've yet to take a picture of the 9 of us on our bicycles and probably never will.

What next...what next...? Oh yeah my apartment. Okay well, my apartment is really looking a lot like home. It's still only me and Tricia but with Tricia's love for decorating things the apartment really does look like home. We even have aroma therapy scent sticks in our toilet which smells good. I love her room too. It looks so cozy and just gives you the feeling that you can curl up anywhere and just go to sleep. The kitchen is divine and I love how Tricia put the floral arrangement on the island. Seriously she's so good at decorating the apartment, I might just let her loose in my room too.

My room. Well I have to admit it's very basic but I seriously love my bed. I'm glad I bought that Dorm Collection linen set from JCPenny because my bed is so comfy, I'm thinking of simply hibernating in it the whole winter. The view from my room is nice too, well at least I think so. I just wish I could pile my bed with more pillows, but no rush. I really should get a cushion or two though.

Anyway here are pictures. Yup I'm stopping here because my brains are all jumbled up with so many things to tell and it just can't seem to choose, which to tell. So pictures are better...really.


Campanile



Memorial Union Building

This is where they have a list of names for the soldiers from Iowa who died beginning from WWI to the recent Iraq War. They also have this circle with the 12 zodiacs after the door of the main entrance, which is meant to be bad luck if you were to step on it :) so just in case, we walk around it. It really wouldn't hurt to follow superstitious traditions :)




Our kitchen.
We actually have everything and seriously it's a real big comfort for me.



My attempt to a home cooked dinner.



Our bathroom.
I really love those scented sticks between the 2 hand basin. It smells really good.



And finally my room!


With its PINK sheets


Oh yeah...and me cam whoring with Babe's cap.

0 Whispers: