Wednesday, August 6, 2008

This is my year...08.08.08

Yes, this is definitely my year! I mean how many times would you celebrate your birthday on such a date? It doesn't matter that I have to celebrate it a day earlier, since Dad has to go away on business on that day, the fact that my birthday is to be on a date that only comes every 100 years (I only thought about that) is reason enough to be excited.

Being the perasan-ted brat I am...I always knew I was born on a date considered auspicious to the chinese. Heck! They even decided the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony to be on the annual celebration of my birth. That just shows how great that date is this year. I'm betting that tomorrow would be a day filled with wedding cars on the road, another reason to it being lucky (someone once told me it was lucky to see a wedding car with the newlyweds inside).

Thinking about it, it's funny how last year while we were talking about the date 07.07.07, I made a joke about either getting hitched or engaged on 08.08.08. I later changed my mind about it because of the thought of my birthday being over shadowed. Plus not that I have a boyfriend to do any of those things anyway. LOL!

So far this has really been a great year for me...and when I mean great year that means college, social life (yes, I have one to those of you who are bound to laugh at that) and of course finacially. And since this is my year, I really hope the luck continues. Most of all I hope my birthday wish actually does come true as well.

Next big thing for the year...IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY August 13th!!!!

0 Whispers: