Friday, August 8, 2008

This is my year...08.08.08 (Part II)

Well this post is pretty much very late in the day. But then again it's me and I've always been known for postponed entries which have been reserved a place in advance. So here is the very much belated birthday girl's entry.

Nothing interesting happened during the day. Got tons of birthday wishes on my phone by the time I woke up, and mom gave me the traditional birthday kiss (whenever I'm home for my birthday) and that really was it. If it were up to me, I would have to say that my birthday really only kick started when I slipped away during the evening after another round of stress baking to meet Babes, on the pretext of tapau-ing dumplings :)

Since I've already celebrated my birthday dinner the night before (dad had to go away on business on my birthday) and Jill and Joel came over to celebrate, I decided to conduct one of my kitchen experiments - Cheese baked rice with pork and teriyaki sauce. I know it sounds fancy but it really was actually very easy. We then had dinner and cake while watching the Olympics opening ceremony because mom said it was a special occasion so we'll just ignore the rules for once. So two special dinners for the birthday girl - seafood for the birthday eve and tv dinner on the birthday itself.

But anyway the most fun I had was hanging out with the two Bs after sending Jill back home. It's been years since I've actually hung out with Babu and ages with Brian. I really did have a great time with them hanging out at the (get this) Borneo Headhunter Pub. We drank, talked, joked, laughed and watched the olympics opening. It was so good just to be with them again. And I have to say, I did get pretty tipsy that night, but all was good *grins*.

After drinks we went for supper, where Arthur and his friend joined us for a while. Again it was another whole round of laughter especially since I was amazed how my noodles had char koay in it. Besides I was still having that euphoric feeling in me from the booze. 


The supper


Finally got home at about 2.30am. Gave Brian a giant bear hug for arranging a fun night for me on my birthday. Wish I could have done the same for him, but that was the day I flew off to KL. I guess I'll try and stay back until his birthday next year so I can try and give him a kick ass birthday too. Thanks Bs! You guys really are the best!


The two Bs (Babu and Brian)


Oh! And the birthday celebration didn't just stop there! The next day, babes practically gave up his whole day to celebrate my belated birthday with me. He decided that it was a day to drive me to all the places I wanted to go before I left and eat whatever food I wanted, to last me until next year. 


The car that made my day even more lucky


So this year really is my year. Birthday celebration was simple and nice, but it really was more than I had expected. Thanks everyone!!! I love you all...

0 Whispers: