Thursday, January 8, 2009

THE CLOSING OF WINTER BREAK

I really can't believe how it's already down to the last few days of the winter break. I feel like I've barely achieved anything on my holiday list. Most disappointing is that I never even managed to finish even ONE book. I did however spend a bomb on shopping, although I have to say that I don't think I regret spending it. Consider it retail therapy and money well spent.

One week into the new year. I think I'm doing pretty okay if not fine. I've packed almost all of last year's things and had them stored out of sight and for those I haven't, I'm really slowly getting there. Maybe a few more weeks and everything would be kept away.

Basically now, quoting an overused expression, I'm bored almost out of my pants. It's the first night among many nights that I've stayed home the whole evening. It's nice and pretty much like the old times. Not the old time I-just-have-to-do-something/a-date-to-keep-online, but more like I'm free to do what I want and not have my mind having a hundred things running through it at almost light speed. Plus for once it actually seems like my own time.

It's been a short 3 weeks. Part of me wants it to end, but a part of me wants another round of this break. I'm always indecisive when it comes to these things :) but maybe what I need is a whole new different break, which is why I can't wait for summer to come.

0 Whispers: