Thursday, January 15, 2009

COLD COLD WINTER DAY

Day 3 of classes and it's not any better than day 1. In fact the weather is going from worse to worst and an upcoming torturous.

The day began with me being late for class. I'm still trying to figure out how did that happen because the last time I checked I was still on time. Thank goodness I didn't miss the bus. But the wind...the wind was horrible! First of all it was blowing at an average of 30km/h and with it blew those snow on the ground and trees and a feels like temperature of -30C to boot! So thank goodness I got Khuan to help me buy my contacts or it'll be crazy to wear glasses.

Anyway, I was 5 mins late for French. I barely managed to catch my breath before the levvez vous began. I think we had about 5 rounds of that today and all I wanted was to answer ASAP because I wanted to sit down and catch my bloody breath. Though, I have to say I stand corrected about John Pierre's class. I'm actually beginning to enjoy them despite of the levvez vous.

So after French I had 10 mins to figure out where Roberts Hall was and to make an amazingly quick dash over there in the cold wind. The rule of the game though was to not slip and fall on my big flat butt and to get there in record time. Thank goodness that girl from class (I have to find out her name) walked me all the way to MU and sort of pointed me into the right way even if I was just confused with her directions. Half way between MU and Roberts, to which I was confused which building to go to I asked this guy who was walking past me where Roberts was. He turned out to be from Carien's (and some other few) class and was really really nice. He decided to walk back with me to Roberts even though at that point he could have just pointed out the building to me (OK let me dwell here for a moment and be perasan). The rest of the class was kinda boring though, since I haven't gotten my book for the class yet.

Next class - MIS 330. Again another walk in the cold. It was seriously really cold and I desperately needed to pee, so I guess that made it feel colder. I was practically freezing while walking because I was sans scarf and long johns since I was late and could barely manage to walk. Thank goodness MIS was interesting and Marketing class right after was fun too.

After class I checked out my to-do-list:

  1. Officially register for LSCM 360
  2. Print out notes for MIS 330, LSCM 360
  3. Bookstore to get LSCM 360 textbook (which was unfortunately sold out - babi-fied to the max!)
After all that I was just really happy to head back home with Carien. I did later brave the outside again to take the trash out, which I wouldn't have done if it wasn't because I couldn't stand it already. And I have to say I'm proud of myself over this small achievement because i had to wade in above knee deep of snow.

The rest of the evening was pretty much plain old boring after the day I had; forgot dinner; procrastinated up to now; achieving only in arranging my notes. Since I really don't feel like reading anything and don't have my LSCM 360 textbook and no French class tomorrow, plus still feeling quite cold (my housemates are made for the cold) I think I'll hit the bed.

Bonne nuit!

0 Whispers: