Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas

Few more hours to Christmas. For the first time since I can remember, I'm not looking forward to Christmas. I've tried everything I could to try and bring the Christmas spirit, but this year's celebration just seems so bleak that there doesn't seem to be any point trying to put the spirit or cheer in the air. All I can think about is that maybe the new year would have something nice to offer and help me put everything behind me.

2008 was supposed to be my year, or so I thought and planned it to be. To be fair, it did start good and just as I had planned, then took a turn to be what I can call the pinnacle of the year. Thing is, things just started going downhill from then on. Now all I can picture is a bell shaped graph...and I'm ironically laughing at it because I was kinda hoping for a much better picture but instead I had to come up with the lamest representation.

Coming over to ISU was what I thought to be the best thing to happen in my old old long and draggy life. I am happy here in a lot of ways and it's not the place that's bringing all this depression in me. I just wish that after all the hopes and hard work put in, things just didn't go to waste and end up the way it ended. Coping with it during normal days is bad enough, but Christmas just makes it unbearable.

I miss my girlfriends back home. We grew up well and I'd like to believe that, life is just playing one of its tricks on us...

0 Whispers: