Monday, December 29, 2008

Yours trully...the unrepentent shopaholic

Spend more...repent not! During sales and promotions of course. That principle does not apply for normal priced merchandises. Because during that period of time, I hibernate or scout for future sales ready to hit the mall or where ever it is I may shop.

Enough drama. The reason behind the excitement is because I'll be going off for a day trip to Minneapolis tomorrow to hit the outlet with Jocelyn and Allistair. I have to say I simply couldn't resist when Jocelyn called me this morning to ask me if I would like to go. Well truth be told I didn't want to go in the beginning because being the typical me, I mess dates up during the holidays and I seriously thought that today was the 30th instead of the 29th. But once I cleared that up, I simply couldn't resist! So I'll definitely be hitting the sack early tonight, since we're leaving early to have more time to shop and not come back too late. Besides, I more or less already made a list of shops I want to go to.

On an entirely different note, I can't believe it's really the end of the year. A lot has happened and I've had to manage quite a few transitions in life this year. Some handled very well, some not but I would like to believe they made me stronger in some ways. So what I've decided to do is to pack all that's happened in 2008 and just start a fresh 2009. No more looking back...well maybe once in a while, but I've realized that I've no where else to go but forward.

It's really been a tough year that began on a happy note that just didn't end as I would have expected it to end. Still I've learnt my lesson and there's nothing to look back to anymore. So I'm going to occupy the last 2 days in ending things although not the way as I would have liked it to end, but at least on my terms.

0 Whispers: