Thursday, December 25, 2008

Joyeux Noël et nouvelle année heureuse!

OK...I hope I got that right but for the time being, that'll do :)

I miss the family hugs at midnight and all the screaming and shouting going around. I miss the Christmas Eve turkey for lunch and picking at it again before leaving for Moing's. I miss the tradition of the whole family going to St Sabina's chapel for mass even though I don't understand Kadazan. I miss going back home from mass to a family dinner at Moing's sitting around with cousins to talk and laugh. I miss Christmas the next day where Edna, Sam and I would be so lazy like we were last year and only go back to Moing's in the afternoon but not before watching Friends reruns on TV and laughing our ass off especially when I said to Sam, "Sam can you get my lunch for me so I can watch it while eating Friends". LOL! That shocked Sam and made him laugh calling me an idiot. Most of all I miss our drive back to Moing's where Edna was driving since the parents went back ahead of us and made Sam and I listen to Kadazan oldies and drove us mad until Sam started to wail the song in the car and made it funny.

This year...my Christmas eve was about talking on the phone with May Hon until 5 mins before midnight in CB's room. Toasting Christmas with friends and playing drinking games. After that it was just sitting around and talking, which Michelle and I continued at my place until the sun came up. I woke up at a little after 12 and went straight to the computer. Checked my mail, Facebook and decided to write this entry.

Half day gone and this is Christmas this year. Will be going out to play snow later I guess since there's no bus running today, which means watching movie is out of the list. Oh well...maybe Christmas can still be saved...Joyeux Noël!

0 Whispers: