Sunday, July 20, 2008

When the fingers and brain are left to decide

There's a lot of times when I let my paranoia gets the best of me. It's not something I'm actually proud of, but call it my Achilles Heel. But today, today I'm glad to be proven twice wrong about it. And that what makes whatever crappy thing that has happened today seem so insignificant.

It's hard being a girl today =) what with feminism running rampant, we girls...*ehem* women, have more to prove. We have to prove that our motto of equality towards women should not be overlooked and that we are as much competent as men if not more. Of course it's a long time raging battle of the sexes, but it really is only barely starting to get old.

This evening, I had to prove I can drive a manual (although I have done it a lot of times). Partly because it was an attempt to cheer me up and partly to see my skills as a girl driving a shift stick; a break from a long standing habit of driving auto transmission cars. I'm glad to say that I passed, since I drove all the way to our destination without having the engine stall even once *pats self on the back*. The bad news is...I might have to drive that car to KK on the pretext of good exercise (since its claimed that I don't get any).

But first things first is to get the parents to agree, that I could go away for the weekend. I'm old enough to supposedly make that decision but I have to say that being financially dependent to your parents makes all things dimmer on your side. For the next few days I would really have to depend on my ally, so that at least I could get my weekend getaway before I leave for the States next month.

2.00am. The perfect time to start singing Anna Nalick's Breathe, but today has been a long day. So long, that even after my nap I woke up tired. Emotional and physical lethargy is definitely not a good mixture. And so, I take my leave and head off to my personal dreamland. Good Night...

0 Whispers: