Wednesday, July 23, 2008

They say things happen in three


Call it superstition. Call it coincidence. I leave that for you to decide.

But seriously, this evening's events unfurled with me having to chauffeur Sam and his friends to church. After that, things just happened one after the other.

Event 1: Driving with the fog lights on.
I seriously did not realize I was doing this. I did realize that my headlights were unusually yellow, but decided that perhaps Dad changed the lights without telling me. So I drove all the way to church from my house with the fog lights turned on, and perhaps passing a lot of annoyed drivers on the way.

It was only at church, when I saw my friend whose car I tailgated (I know it sounds like stalking but I was not) somewhere near the church and asked him if he knew it was me even before I flashed my headlights at him. Here's what he said...

"Yeah I knew it was you before, because you're the only car in Sandakan that drives with the fog lights on"

Apparently it wasn't my first time driving with the fog lights, and I NEVER knew about this. He on the other hand thought I was a hoot and said only I was capable of such thing. Sure I was a bit upset because I hate being caught in situations that makes me look totally illiterate when it comes to cars.

Event 2: Car key stuck in the ignition.
Well after dropping the kids off at church, I decided to stop over to buy mom the pancakes she likes. Found a parking, parked, turned the engine off, but couldn't get the key OUT! I tried turning it slowly, tried turning the engine back on and off again still with the same result. Few tries later I knew I couldn't do it myself and with Dad away on business, I needed to find a new emergency saviour.

Well he did come, but at the expense of missing the Novena prayers. Call it opportunity cost but I on the other hand felt real guilty about it. So he tries getting the key out from the ignition. Another friend who happened to be there also tried, but to no avail.

After sometime, my friend slides behind the wheel and tells me to get in the car. So I meekly said goodbye to the other friend and got into the passenger seat, all the time laden with guilt thinking my friend was angry or annoyed with me. He wasn't of course, but we did have to find a mechanic who could take that green key out!

Since all the car shops were closed, he called his mechanic friend and explained the situation. The friend in turn gave a series of instructions to follow and Lo Behold! The key came out! So we drove back to my friend's car since he had to return to church again. I on the other hand, headed for home.

Event 3: When someone runs a red light.
So on the way home, I have to pass a set of traffic lights at a T-junction. Since the lights were green, I only barely slowed down until I saw a car coming out from the junction. Confussed and shocked, I turned to look at the traffic lights again just in case I made a mistake to see it green and I wasn't the one at fault. Confussion turned to annoyance to the carelessness of the other driver and I turned to look, just to send the message of my annoyance.

It was Brian! Was I ever angry...I'm just glad he later text messaged me saying that it was his fault and he was sorry. I jumped to the opportunity of him buying me ice cream as an apology.


So there, things did indeed happen in three for me this evening. It was annoying how it happened one after the other within a time frame of 2 hours, but it did. Arthur laughed at the evening's events, saying that it could only happen to me, which in a way is true but that does not mean I find it funny. I just hope nothing like that happens again...EVER!

3 Whispers:

Robin Chandra Tjay said...

Mine comes in 3 and a half hahaha

Cynthia M said...

3 1/2? wht's the half? LOL

Robin Chandra Tjay said...

no idea, put it there jz for fun