Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Monday Evening

*This is an updated version of the previous entry, because I finally felt I could write what I feel rather than some garbled up version*

I’ve always been a firm believer in perfection. I believe that when something needs to be done, it should be done according to a specified checklist. What I never considered was that, some things don’t require perfection in the process leading to the final results. That art, is not about perfection, but talent. Talent, and the ability in one’s self to believe in one’s self, in delivering or performing the talent.

So when Arthur invited me over to see Cristopher and his sister Maxinne practice for their cousin’s wedding reception in August, I wasn’t exactly expecting the final outcome to be as what is shown in the 3 videos. I simply thought that it would be a nice change from my pretty much routine Monday evenings back home; I’m glad to be proven wrong.

Here is what I’ve learnt – playing the guitar and singing doesn’t necessarily require a special practice room like I normally see my other friends do. I should have learnt that from Kelly’s homemade videos. It doesn’t matter where music is played. It’s the spontaneity of the whole evening, coupled with the background sounds of crickets was what made it more relaxed and very much less pretentious. Also, though quality could not be denied of its importance, the talent of the performer supersedes it. For it is that, what brings the message across.

So I really hope you guys enjoy the 3 home videos below. And just a little addition at the end, pictures of the kids I took during that evening.




Here's the video of Cristopher on the guitar with Maxinne singing Especially For You.

Cristoper (Topo) playing Day Tripper/Lady Madonna.

And the last video...Maxinne singing LOVE.


Here are some pictures of the evening. Sorry they're all pictures of kids, but since I'm not good in photography, I more or less spoilt the other pictures.

Beaumont trying to grab the camera with Maxinne

Cassie...cute as ever...cuddly too!

Yes of course it's OUT! Melody just wanted to pose with that shisha thingamajig.

Kids just have the sweetest pose...Beaumont at the stairs

0 Whispers: