Monday, July 21, 2008

Wise Sayings

"Vespa? You want a vespa? You can't even ride a bicycle!"

Arthur should really thank his lucky stars that we were talking about it on the phone or else I would not have hesitated to strangle and squeeze the very last breath out of him.

To set records straight...I CAN ride a bicycle, since as long as I can remember. I can ride a motorcycle since I was 10 and learnt how to drive when I was 14! So his accusation was entirely an unfounded accusation with no evidentiary proof. BUT this is really not what I wanted to blog about.

I was sitting in my room when a flood of wise sayings I've picked up from friends came flooding in. It's really funny about how hilarious they might seem but there really is a lot of truth in them. Here's one, which I totally have to agree on even if perhaps it should be worded in a much nicer way...

Yugi, "NOBODY dies a VIRGIN because life ends up fucking you in the end". Of course we're not referring to physical celibacy, it's just a metaphor, but it's undeniably true. Life always has a way of creating obstacles in life, which we find totally screws us up. It's frustrating but at the end of the day it's true what the saying says...What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger.

Kelly, "You should buy clothes that fits you just nice or else slightly smaller to motivate yourself to maintain or loose weight. Buying clothes one or two sizes bigger only gives you an excuse to put on weight". Again I find that true. This especially applies to the female gender. Most of the time we buy clothes we love/like and when we actually invest a lot into buying that one piece of clothing we want it to last a very long time. Gaining weight means that we can either put it into storage hoping that one day we'll fit into it again or give it away. When it fits just nice or slightly smaller, then we work hard to maintain or shed some weight. Call us complicated, but women sometimes need self motivation to stay focused.

So there, that's the two that I remember. I shouldn't have procrastinated and delayed writing up this entry, because now I can only remember two of those wise sayings. Another lesson learnt - procrastination is BAD. But since when have I heeded that anyway?

0 Whispers: